The Makerspace Program is an exciting opportunity for community members working in all disciplines to fully immerse themselves in our collaborative environment conducive to making. We invite requests from emerging and accomplished artists, writers, professors, musicians, chefs, agriculturalists, researchers and thinkers who would benefit from renting a studio, office, kitchen, garden or creative space at Craigardan to create new work, complete a project, conduct research, teach a workshop, write, throw pottery or simply think amid the beauty of the Adirondack Mountains.
The primary aim of the program is to provide space for community members to pursue their independent work in a highly collaborative, supportive and artistic setting. Participants have access to a variety of indoor and outdoor spaces in a thoughtfully designed environment on 78 pristine mountain and farm acres. Participants are encouraged to exchange ideas and engage with the creative energy of the staff and fellow residents, make use of Craigardan's many resources, and share their knowledge and work with the community.
The fee varies according to each Makerspace from $50 - $150 per month and includes:
- all basic utilities including internet
- 7-day access to private or shared studio or office space with basic equipment specific to the residency
- gallery and/or lecture opportunities
- the ability to participate in all programs and events at Craigardan
- time for creative exploration that may include collaboration with other residents and local community members
- organizational support whenever possible for research or community initiatives
- the fee DOES NOT include materials or supplies
FREE outdoor spaces are available too! Come set up a canvas and paint, practice photography, or write under the maple tree. Send us an email!
PLEASE NOTE: All participants are responsible for their own transportation needs and any personal materials or expenses. Applicants are encouraged to schedule a visit to Craigardan prior to applying.
MAKERSPACE PROGRAM Application:
Minimum length: 1 month, renewable
Applications are accepted on a rolling basis throughout the year. Please indicate a preference for specific dates.
Application must include:
- Completed Application form (2018 form to be posted soon)
- Statement of Intent - describe the independent work you would like to pursue while in residence. Include details on space and materials requirements.
- 1-2 references
For the clay studio only, please also include:
- 5-10 images of recent work
- An image script, which includes the title, medium, size, and date of each image
- studio applicants will need to prove competency with ceramic processes and equipment
There is no application fee at this time. Complete applications should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. Images should be shared via Dropbox to email@example.com Notification will be made via email.